Saturday, November 25, 2017
facebook

google plus
Haryana

Posted at: Sep 14, 2017, 8:04 PM; last updated: Sep 14, 2017, 9:40 PM (IST)

Ryan group CEO asked to join investigation in Gurugram

Ryan group CEO asked to join investigation in Gurugram
Ryan International School in Gurugram. PTI file

Sumedha Sharma

Tribune News Service

Gurugram, September 14

Gurugram Police have served a notice and asked Ryan School group CEO Ryan Pinto to join the investigation in the murder of 7-year-old Pradyuman Thakur.

The boy was found with his throat slit in the washroom of the school on Friday last.

Pinto has been asked to come to Gurugram and join the investigations at the earliest as police plans to file the charge sheet by Tuesday.

“He has been asked to come for questioning as there are a lot of questions on security parameters in the school which need to be answered.

“The school provided a perfect scenario for this crime and majority of those questioned claimed that management had already been told about lapses but never reacted.

“Pinto’s version will help us throw more light on the negligence behind it and those responsible
for the same,” said an SIT official.

The team has been questioning over 30 teaching and non-teaching staff members for the last two days and the gardener, Harpal Singh, was detained for several hours today for questioning.

Harpal is a key eyewitness in this case as it was he who had seen bus conductor Ashok outside the toilet and was amongst the first ones to know of the boy’s death.

While the rumours of him being arrested as co accused flew high, CP Sandeep Khirwar clarified, “No further arrests have been made but there may be some in case of negligence on part of school. We are questioning everybody again and again to get all the versions and evidence to file a lapse free charge sheet.”

Besides Harpal Singh, the SIT has questioned 17 persons including security staff, former principal, current acting principal and even the bus driver.

It may be noted that while police’s special team that had gone to Mumbai has returned, the regional head of school was taken to Mumbai and then to Kerela to get more information on those responsible for negligence.

A new security agency has meanwhile taken over the school security from today.

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On