Compuquiz — 54
1.Name the utility that traces the route between your computer and the computer or device you're trying to contact.
2 Name the UNIX command that is also available for Windows that lets you search multiple files for a specific character string.
3.What do we call a data area that is shared by hardware devices and programs, all of which run at different speeds and have different priorities?
4.What is the term used to define how many times per second a display is refreshed?
5.What do we call a user-developed control program created and run within an application?
6.What do we call a computer where two operating systems are installed at the same time?
7.What does MIME stand for?
8.The capability of data to be transferred from a peripheral or attached device directly to the system RAM is known as what?
9.What does the acronym WDM stand for?
10.Who is popularly known as the Internet's first recognized film critic?
Answers to Compuquiz 52
1.A 56Kbps leased-line.
2.Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line.
3.AFTP sites are publicly accessible using the account name anonymous.
4.Applets are not allowed to access certain resources on the local computer.
6.ARPANet. (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network)
7.ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange)
8.A high-speed line or series of connections that forms a major pathway within a network.
9.Bps - Bits per second
10.The number of bits it can send or receive per second.
The following are the winners of Compuquiz 52
1.Nidhi, SAS Nagar
2.K.L. Banga, Ambala
1.The readers who submit correct answers will be awarded the following cash prizes by The Tribune: First prize Rs 1,000, second prize Rs 750, third prize Rs 500.
2. All entries must be accompanied with a clipping of this quiz.
3. Entries should be sent to Quizmaster, Log in....Tribune, The Tribune, Sector 29-C, Chandigarh latest by October 29, 2001.
4. In case of more than one correct entry, prizes will be decided by a draw of lots. The decision of the Quizmaster in this regard will be final.
5. The answers and result of Compuquiz-54 will be published in the issue of November 5, 2001.
6. Entries should be sent on plain paper preferably typed in double space or handwritten legibly in block letters.
7. All entries must carry the sender's
name, complete address and contact number.