Compuquiz — 56
1.What is the dotted quad?
2.Anyone can create a channel on IRC. True/False?
3.In practice, most people will be limited to 56,000 or 64,000 bits-per-second on ISDN.
4.An institution that provides access to the Internet in some form, usually for money is popularly called what?
5.Which programming language is designed for writing programs that can be safely downloaded to your computer through the Internet and immediately run without fear of viruses or other harm to your computer?
7.What do you understand by the acronym JDK?
8.How many kilobytes are 1024 (2^10) bytes?
9.Who owns the Listserv® registered trademark?
10.What is a Maillist?
Answers to Compuquiz 54
7.Multi-purpose Internet Mail Extensions
8.DMA (Direct Memory Access)
9.Wavelength Division Multiplexing
The following are the winners of Compuquiz 54
1 Simarpreet Kaur, Ludhiana
2. Anurag Kaul, Jalandhar
3. Meenakshi Agnish, Jalandhar
1.The readers who submit correct answers will be awarded the following cash prizes by The Tribune: First prize Rs 1,000, second prize Rs 750, third prize Rs 500.
2. All entries must be accompanied with a clipping of this quiz.
3. Entries should be sent to Quizmaster, Log in....Tribune, The Tribune, Sector 29-C, Chandigarh latest by November 12, 2001.
4. In case of more than one correct entry, prizes will be decided by a draw of lots. The decision of the Quizmaster in this regard will be final.
5. The answers and result of Compuquiz-56 will be published in the issue of November 19, 2001.
6. Entries should be sent on plain paper preferably typed in double space or handwritten legibly in block letters.
7. All entries must carry the sender's
name, complete address and contact number.