Compuquiz — 62
1.What is Java?
2.What year was the first e-mail sent?
3.What year was the WWW created?
4.Who created the first graphical web browser?
5.How many bytes are there in a Petabyte?
6.What top level domain extension does the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) plan to give to adult sites?
7.In what year was the computer term "bug" coined?
8.How did the terms "bug" and "debug" originate?
9.Bookmarks save a copy of a document on your computer. True/False?
10.What does the acronym DNS stand for?
Answers to Compuquiz 60
4.UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
5.URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
6.Unix to Unix Encoding
7.Very Easy Rodent Oriented Net-wide Index to Computerized Archives
8.VPN (Virtual Private Network)
9.WAIS (Wide Area Information Servers)
10.WAN (Wide Area Network)
The following are the winners of Compuquiz 60
3.Yash Pal Singh
1.The readers who submit correct answers will be awarded the following cash prizes by The Tribune: First prize Rs 1,000, second prize Rs 750, third prize Rs 500.
2. All entries must be accompanied with a clipping of this quiz.
3. Entries should be sent to Quizmaster, Log in....Tribune, The Tribune, Sector 29-C, Chandigarh latest by December 24, 2001.
4. In case of more than one correct entry, prizes will be decided by a draw of lots. The decision of the Quizmaster in this regard will be final.
5. The answers and result of Compuquiz-62 will be published in the issue of December 31, 2001.
6. Entries should be sent on plain paper preferably typed in double space or handwritten legibly in block letters.
7. All entries must carry the sender's
name, complete address and contact number.