Compuquiz — 86
1.What is Apple Computer's version of the high-performance serial bus used to connect devices to your personal computer?
2.What do we call a set of ANSI parallel interfaces that allows personal computers to communicate with peripheral hardware?
3.On a PC, your printer is usually attached through a parallel interface and cable, but your keyboard and mouse are connected through what kind of interface?
4.Name the interconnection system between a microprocessor and attached devices in which expansion slots are spaced closely for high-speed operation.
5.What is the term for technologies in which human neural activity or states would effectively be an input peripheral for a computer?
6.Name the high-bandwidth interface between a computer and a hard disk or a tape device. The latest version of this interface supports RAID.
7.Name the plug-and-play interface that allows you to add a new device such as a scanner or printer to your computer without having to add an adapter card or even having to turn the computer off.
8.Name the microchip with programming that controls a computer's interface to its attached serial devices.
9.Which screen is attached externally to a monitor, that plugs into a serial or Universal Serial Bus (USB) port or a bus card installed inside the computer.
10.What is the designation for electronics standard for connecting devices to your personal computer?
Answers to Compuquiz 84
1.Cell of origin
2.Code division multiple access
4.Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition
7.Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
The following are the winners of Compuquiz 84
1. M. Manian, Delhi
2. Rohit Anand, Panipat
3. Tej Singh Thakur, Shimla
1. The readers who submit correct answers will be awarded the following cash prizes by The Tribune: First prize Rs 1,000, second prize Rs 750, third prize Rs 500.
2. All entries must be accompanied with a clipping of this quiz.
3. Entries should be sent to Quizmaster, Log in....Tribune, The Tribune, Sector 29-C, Chandigarh latest by June 10, 2002.
4. In case of more than one correct entry, prizes will be decided by a draw of lots. The decision of the Quizmaster in this regard will be final.
5. The answers and result of Compuquiz-86 will be published in the issue of June 17, 2002.
6. Entries should be sent on plain paper preferably typed in double space or handwritten legibly in block letters.
7. All entries must carry
the sender's name, complete address and contact number.