1. Who has replaced Rajinder Singh as the coach of the Indian hockey team for the Athens Olympics?
2. Who is the Chairman of the Planning Commission of India?
3. Who recently became the first woman Commissioner of the Mumbai Crime Branch?
4. How much compensation was recently ordered to be given to the Bhopal gas victims by the Supreme Court?
5. What is India’s ranking in the human development index in the UNDP report for 2004?
6. Name India’s two research stations in Antarctica.
7. Who has been chosen for this year’s prestigious Gujar Mal Modi Innovative Science and Technology Award?
8. Which town in Himachal Pradesh hosts the annual Minjar Fair?
9. Name the four Indian companies that are listed in the 500 top companies of the world by ‘Fortune’ magazine.
10.Who has been given the ‘Green Oscar’ award for providing a cleaner and greener alternative to firewood around the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan?
11. At how many places does the government propose to set up Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)?
12.Which South-East Asian country recently became the 19th team to play an official one-day cricket match?
13.Who has replaced Javed Miandad as the Pakistan cricket team’s coach?
14.With which sport is Stacy Dragilla associated?
15.Which two former tennis superstars were recently inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame?
Winners of quiz 211:The first prize by draw of lots goes to Saurav Tyagi, VIII-E, DAV Public School, Ambala City-134007.
Second: Umang Kalia, XII-medical, DAV Sr Sec School, Lakkar Bazar, Shimla-171001.
Third: Idhant Singla, V, Baba Farid Islamia Public School, Bank Colony, Patiala-147001.
Answers to quiz 211:26 ; Marlon Brando; Maria Sharapova; Chowdhary Shujaat Hussain; Singapore; 8 min 24 sec; Greece; Theodoros Zagorakis; Union of European Football Associations; Roger Federer.
Cash awards of Rs 400, 300 and 200 are given to the first, second and third prize winners, respectively. These are sent at the school address.
Note: Kindly mention the pin code of your place to facilitate the delivery of the prize money.
— Tarun Sharma