Jagmohan ready for objective probe
New Delhi, September 16
Mr Jagmohan said he had followed the norms laid down by the Union Cabinet on the basis of which hundreds of allotments had been made previously. The UPA government had ordered a probe by a one-man committee into cases of land allotment since 1998-99 in view of the allegations of large-scale allotment of prime plots in the capital to the organisations linked to the Sangh Parivar.
Mr Jagmohan said the criteria followed by the Urban Development Ministry during his tenure was that the society must be registered and the case be recommended by the administrative ministry concerned. The former minister said he had no objection to any case being looked into by any objective and dispassionate authority.
On allotments made to institutions during tenures of other ministers, Mr Jagmohan hoped that they would make their own positions clear.
The Urban Development Ministry had yesterday appointed a committee, headed by former ITPO chief Yogesh Chandra, to review cases of allotment made by Land and Development Office to various social, cultural, religious and educational institutions since 1998-99.