Tribune News Service
Amritsar, September 27
It is a double whammy for residents as along with the Covid-19 pandemic, dengue cases are also being reported in the city. The Municipal Corporation pulled up its socks to curb the breeding of mosquitoes to prevent the spread of dengue.
Mayor Karamjit Singh Rintu said the health wing of the MC was fully prepared to fight dengue in the city. He said as compared to the previous years, they have more fogging and handy spray machines.
The city Mayor said instructions had already been issued to the Health Department officials in a meeting with them and according to the roster, fogging is being done in the wards of the five assembly constituencies every day. The Mayor said everyday, six machines are being operated in six wards and the remaining 10 hand fogging machines are being sent to other wards on the basis of requirement or complaint. At the same time, eight hand spray teams have been working in the inner walled city. Similarly, spraying with hand pumps is also being done in the drains.
All the fogging work being conducted in collaboration with the health department teams. Mayor Rintu stated that joint work is also going on with the teams of Health Department. Mayor asked the residents to keep cleanliness.
Dos and don’ts
- Water containers should be well covered
- Children and elders should cover their arms and the entire body with clothes
- Keep water cooler clean and do not leave water inside it
- Use mosquito nets at home to prevent infection
- Dengue mosquito bites during the day. So, take all precautions to keep mosquitoes at bay
- Destroy unused containers, scrap, tires and coconut shells from homes, shops and offices
- Make people around you aware and do not let water accumulate anywhere in the house
- Rather than disposing waste material in and around home, prefer to give it to the rag pickers
- Only use paracetamol in case you feel feverish
- Do not rely solely on platelet count for dengue treatment, visit government hospitals
- Do not throw discarded utensils, unused bottles, cartons, old tires and other waste items on the roofs of houses, where mosquitoes breed
- Do not take any medicines without the advice of a doctor regarding dengue fever
- Do not use aspirin
- Do not allow water to be accumulated in vaults, pots, ceramic pots, refrigerator trays and coconut shells in and around the house
Permits all OCI and PIO card holders and all other foreign n...
Health state subject, it is for state govts to decide if the...
In a strongly-worded letter, IT Secretary Ajay Sawhney has w...
Paddy procured from outside state at low cost being allegedl...
He said the members of opposition were shocked to see how th...