Fire breaks out at shop in Tarn Taran : The Tribune India

Join Whatsapp Channel

Fire breaks out at shop in Tarn Taran

Fire breaks out at shop in Tarn Taran

Goods destroyed in the fire being taken out of the shop.



Our Correspondent

Tarn Taran, December 10

A fire broke out at a shop on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday in which goods worth lakhs were destroyed.

Short-circuit is said to be the cause of the fire. Shop owner Harjinder Singh said he had lodged a complaint with the police. Harjinder Singh said that he received information on his mobile and came to the spot and saw smoke billowing from the shop. He opened the locks of the shop but by then the fire had spread.

Fire brigade from the local Municipal Council and from Patti came to the spot and it took four hours to control the flames. DSP Tarsem Masih said he has instructed the city police to take all necessary steps. Harjinder Singh, owner of the shop, said the loss could be pegged at an estimated Rs 10 lakh. No loss of life was, however, reported.

#Tarn Taran


Top News

Hockey India CEO Elena Norman resigns citing unpaid dues, difficult work environment

Hockey India CEO Elena Norman resigns citing unpaid dues, difficult work environment

Hockey India president Dilip Tirkey said he did all he could...

Rajya Sabha elections amid high drama, cross-voting and allegations

Rajya Sabha elections amid high drama, cross-voting and allegations

Election to RS is unlike LS; it indirect and a candidate wit...


Cities

View All