CHB residents reject penalty for violations

CHANDIGARH: Various associations of Chandigarh Housing Board flats affiliated with the CHB Resident Federation have rejected the policy to impose penalty for violation of building bylaws in the houses constructed by the CHB.

CHB residents reject penalty for violations

UP IN ARMS: Residents of Sector 29-B sit on a hunger strike in Chandigarh on Sunday. Tribune Photo: Pradeep Tewari

Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, July 28

Various associations of Chandigarh Housing Board flats affiliated with the CHB Resident Federation have rejected the policy to impose penalty for violation of building bylaws in the houses constructed by the CHB.

The decision has been taken at a rally of various associations held at a park in Sector 41 today. The residents observed a hunger strike at several places in different sectors today.

Rajat Malhotra, general secretary of the federation, said all members of the association vehemently opposed the policy for imposing penalty for violations.

Nearly 100 residents of CHB dwelling units sat on a hunger strike at 7 different locations and more than 1,500 residents gathered in their support. The CHB residents demanded one-time settlement for the regularisation of need-based changes made within plot area within storyline of their dwelling units.

Residents are demanding “General Amnesty” scheme on the pattern of the Municipal Corporation, Delhi, where need-based changes were regularised in about 5 lakh dwelling units of DDA by allowing 90 per cent of plot area by charging one-time reasonable fees and one-time usage charges were taken from residents for the remaining 10 per cent of the plot area.

Top Stories

To counter worst locust attack in years, Centre steps up operations in Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat, MP

To counter worst locust attack in years, Centre steps up operations in Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat, MP

Approves procurement of additional 60 sprayers from UK, dron...

India's 'arrogant expansionist policies' becoming 'threat' to its neighbours: Pak PM Imran Khan

India's 'arrogant expansionist policies' becoming 'threat' to its neighbours: Pak PM Imran Khan

Several areas along the 3,500-km LAC have witnessed major mi...

19-day logjam between Punjab ministers and CS ends as latter attends cabinet meeting

19-day logjam between Punjab ministers and CS ends as latter attends cabinet meeting

Recently, at a meeting on excise policy, certain comments by...

Nepal puts on hold changes on map, does not include three disputed areas with India

Nepal puts on hold changes on map, does not include three disputed areas with India

A week back, Nepal was all set for a cartographic confrontat...

Punjab Cabinet approves fee hike for MBBS in govt, private colleges

Punjab Cabinet approves fee hike for MBBS in govt, private colleges

The fee for MBBS course in government colleges was last noti...

Cities

View All