Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, November 16
Four occupants, including a groom, of a luxury car, Bentley, had a miraculous escape when it caught fire near Lodhi Club on the 200-foot road this afternoon.
The incident occurred at 1.10 pm when Prabhjot Nagpal noticed smoke emanating from the engine of his car. Before he could understand anything, the engine was on fire. He immediately stopped the car alighted from the vehicle along with the other occupants of the car.
Meanwhile, a fire engine was called and the fire was put out within a few minutes.
Prabhjot, a hotelier, was travelling in the car along with his friend Minkle and two others. They were going to gurdwara to perform the rituals of Minkle’s marriage. Prabhjot said there was also a minor blast which completely destroyed the engine. The car belongs to Prabhjot’s uncle.
Before the fire brigade could arrive, the staff of the nearby petrol station tried to put out the flames with fire extinguishers.
In another incident, a fire broke out at a hosiery factory in Sekhewal village last night. The residents living near the factory came out of their houses as a precautionary step. Fire brigade was called which controlled the fire within an hour. A short-circuit was said to be the cause of the fire.
All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate. The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
BJP corners Shiv Sena; Raut cautions Cong
Season’s first snowfall at Manali, other high-altitude areas...
Stays proceedings against owner of firm that exported furnit...
Duo struck at houses in Sect 36, 38 (West)
Temperature is likely to drop after Saturday
PTM at govt schools by Education Department a big success
Inform violations at police stations or at toll-free helplin...
Power cut hits firefighting operations