Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, November 14
Within hours of Cabinet expansion, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday allocated portfolios to his Council of Ministers, giving the key department of Home to Anil Vij, six-time MLA from Ambala Cantonment.
In his recommendation to the Governor, Khattar allocated Urban Local Bodies and Technical Education to Vij. He retained the portfolios of Health, Medical Education and Research, Ayush and Science and Technology.
Vij would be the first independent Home Minister in Haryana after a gap of over two decades since Mani Ram Godara in Bansi Lal government in the late 1990s.
Former Speaker Kanwar Pal Gujjar was allocated the portfolios of Education, Forests, Tourism, Parliamentary Affairs and Hospitality.
Mool Chand Sharma would hold charge of Transport, Mines and Geology, Skill Development and Industrial Training and Art and Cultural Affairs. Independent MLA Ranjit Chautala would be Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy and Jails.
JP Dalal would hold portfolios of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Law and Legislative. Former minister Banwari Lal would be Minister for Cooperation and Welfare of SCs and BCs.
Among Ministers of State, Om Prakash Yadav would hold independent charges of Social Justice and Empowerment and Sainik and Ardh Sainik Welfare. Lone woman minister Kamlesh Dhanda would hold independent charge of Women and Child Development and Archives.
- Anil Vij: Home, Urban Local Bodies, Health
- Kanwar Pal: Education, Forests, Tourism, Parliamentary Affairs
- Ranjit Chautala: Power, Jails
- JP Dalal: Agriculture, Law & Legislative
- Banwari Lal: Cooperation, Welfare of SCs & BCs
- Mool Chand Sharma: Transport, Skill Development, Art & Culture
MoS (Independent charge)
- Om Prakash Yadav: Social Justice & Empowerment
- Kamlesh Dhanda: Women & Child Development
- Sandeep Singh: Sports & Youth Affairs
- Anoop Dhanak: Archaeology and Museums
Equipment to be manufactured in India; involve several MSMEs...
We expect China to ensure expeditious restoration of peace a...
Agrees kin of killed fishermen entitled to compensation
Encounter deaths to be reported within 2 days; seeks complia...
The Railway Board chairman said private participation in pas...