Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, May 27
The Health Department has started a door-to-door campaign to check the breeding of aedes aegypti, a mosquito which is responsible for the spread of dengue and chikungunya diseases.
The city has been divided into various zones for the purpose of survey during which the staff will check coolers and containers.
People are also being made aware of the vector-borne diseases and the steps that can be taken to prevent them.
“People are being advised to keep their surrounding clean and not let water stagnate around their houses.
They are also being advised to not keep old tyres, trays, tumblers in the open to prevent breeding of the mosquito,” said the District Epidemiologists, Dr Ramesh.
Six awareness seminars have been organised by the department so far.
- Water from coolers and other small containers (plastic containers, buckets, used automobile tyres, water coolers, pet watering containers and flower vases) should be removed at least once a week
- Appropriate larvacide should be used on water storage containers that cannot be emptied.
- Water storages containers should be covered with a lid
- Aerosols can be used during daytime to prevent bite of mosquitoes
- During transition season (rainy season), one must wear clothes that cover arms and legs
- Mosquito nets or mosquito repellents should be used to dispel mosquitoes while sleeping in the open
- Personal protective such as use of window screens, insecticides, treated bednets, coils and vaporisers can be used to prevent mosquito bites
- Dengue patients should be prevented from mosquito bites. This will prevent further spread of dengue.
High risk areas
Islam Gunj, Prem Nagar, Habib Gunj, Field Gunj, Haibowal Khurd, Pawitar Nagar, Sherpur Kalan, Shimlapuri, Kailash Nagar, New Moti Nagar, Vishkarma Colony, Kashmir Nagar and Chawni Mohalla
I was the target, not the attacker: Hussain
Was cleaning manhole in Navi Abadi area on Fatehgarh Churian...
After Chandigarh fire incident, notices to 34 PG owners issu...
The Tribune visits five of Google’s top-rated paying guest a...
Three lives lost, Administration to finally frame stringent ...
Latter says policy will be formed after talking to higher-up...
Wife employed at the office did not know about his plan