Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, October 12
An eight-year-old girl suffered burns after a pan of boiling oil fell over her at the Best Price store located on Chandigarh Road. The Focal Point police have registered an FIR against the store manager, Jaspal Singh Mann.
The incident was also recorded in the CCTV cameras of the store. A case under section 336 (Act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) has been registered by the police.
Pardeep Goyal, a resident of GK Estate who runs an electrical store, told the police that on October 6, he, along with his family, visited the Best Price store. In the public activity area, Hudson Company had put up a stall where its staff were cooking some snacks.
“My daughter Anshika Goyal, who was playing in that area, went close to the stall and the pan containing boiling oil fell on her. She suffered burns on her chest and right arm. She was rushed to the Fortis hospital where her condition is still serious. As we were busy looking after our daughter, we couldn’t immediately lodge a complaint,” said the victim girl’s father in his statement to the police.
Goyal alleged that the incident occurred due to negligence on the part of the store manager and its owner. No one was standing near the boiling oil pan to stop children from getting close to the stall.
The investigating officer, ASI Kulwant Singh, said an FIR had been registered. Apart from the manager, if any other staff member is found guilty in further probe, he will also be named in the FIR. The manager has absconded, he added.
Asks Centre, states to file detailed replies by June 5, next...
Indicates preference for bilateralism over Trump’s mediation...
The telephonic conversations came just three days before the...
Johnson warns "there will be further local outbreaks"
Case to be handed over to National Investigation Agency