Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, May 27
The Health Department has started a door-to-door campaign to check the breeding of aedes aegypti, a mosquito which is responsible for the spread of dengue and chikungunya diseases.
The city has been divided into various zones for the purpose of survey during which the staff will check coolers and containers.
People are also being made aware of the vector-borne diseases and the steps that can be taken to prevent them.
“People are being advised to keep their surrounding clean and not let water stagnate around their houses.
They are also being advised to not keep old tyres, trays, tumblers in the open to prevent breeding of the mosquito,” said the District Epidemiologists, Dr Ramesh.
Six awareness seminars have been organised by the department so far.
- Water from coolers and other small containers (plastic containers, buckets, used automobile tyres, water coolers, pet watering containers and flower vases) should be removed at least once a week
- Appropriate larvacide should be used on water storage containers that cannot be emptied.
- Water storages containers should be covered with a lid
- Aerosols can be used during daytime to prevent bite of mosquitoes
- During transition season (rainy season), one must wear clothes that cover arms and legs
- Mosquito nets or mosquito repellents should be used to dispel mosquitoes while sleeping in the open
- Personal protective such as use of window screens, insecticides, treated bednets, coils and vaporisers can be used to prevent mosquito bites
- Dengue patients should be prevented from mosquito bites. This will prevent further spread of dengue.
High risk areas
Islam Gunj, Prem Nagar, Habib Gunj, Field Gunj, Haibowal Khurd, Pawitar Nagar, Sherpur Kalan, Shimlapuri, Kailash Nagar, New Moti Nagar, Vishkarma Colony, Kashmir Nagar and Chawni Mohalla
Everyone on poll duty to get COVID-19 vaccine before assembl...
Kaur was arrested in Haryana's Sonipat on January 12, had ma...
There has been a surge of admitted patients from 30 to 57 ov...
The train was stopped at the Dagru railway station after it ...
His second application for ‘fair and impartial investigation...