Thane, October 26
Three labourers who were cleaning a manhole in an industrial area in Maharashtra's Thane district Friday died, probably of inhaling poisonous fumes.
The incident happened in the MIDC area of Dombivli in the evening and the Kalyan-Dombivli fire brigade was summoned at around 4:15pm, an official said.
Fire Officer Suresh Shinde of the Dombivli MIDC fire station told PTI that the deceased were part of a team of contract workers who were engaged in cleaning drains in the industrial area.
The three entered the manhole one after the other in a space of few minutes and choked to death, he said.
He identified the three dead persons as Devidas Pachge (30), Ghanshyam (40) and Mahadeo Zope (38).
Tilak Nagar police in Dombivli is investigating the incident and an official said it would also probe possible safety regulation violations. PTI
Total recoveries close to 50 lakhs; 88,600 new infections re...
Sukhbir Singh Badal calls for closing ranks for a united fig...
SAD on Saturday night had announced to quit the National Dem...
Selja, Jakhar urge all NDA supporting parties to oppose far...
'Farmers can now sell their produce wherever they want'