Ministry of Defence won’t accept Rs 5 cr from Johar

NEW DELHI: The Ministry of Defence will not accept Rs 5 crore which Karan Johar has been asked to deposit in the armed forces fund for allowing the release of his film.

Ministry of Defence won’t accept Rs 5 cr from Johar

Karan Johar

harinder@tribunemail.com

Tribune News Service

New Delhi, October 24

The Ministry of Defence has decided not to accept Rs 5 crore which film  producer Karan Johar had been asked to deposit in the armed forces’ battle casualty fund in lieu of his movie  ‘Ai Dil Hai Mushkil’ being allowed to be released. MoD sources said the battle casualty fund accepts only voluntary donations.

There is a procedure for vetting each such donation. Donations to the fund are allowed income tax rebate. There can be no money coming in which is not voluntary, officials confirmed. 

Top Stories

First convict in Delhi riots gets 5 years in jail for putting house on fire

First convict in Delhi riots gets 5 years in jail for putting house on fire

Last month, Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat had conv...

China's PLA abducts boy from inside Indian territory in Arunachal Pradesh, says state MP Tapir Gao

Indian Army seeks assistance from PLA to locate and return missing Arunachal youth

Arunachal Pradesh's MP Tapir Gao said on Wednesday that PLA ...

India successfully test-fires Brahmos missile

India successfully test-fires Brahmos missile

The detailed data is being analysed, sources say

Cities

View All