Tribune News Service
Sultanpur Lodhi, September 10
Meeting for the first time outside the state capital in the holy town of Sultanpur Lodhi, the Punjab Cabinet today decided to hold a special session of the Punjab Vidhan Sabha next month to commemorate the 550th Parkash Purb of Guru Nanak Dev.
The Council of Ministers in its resolution also decided to invite the President and eminent Sikh personalities to address the planned special session.
The Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh decided to strongly recommend to the Government of India to convene a special joint session of Parliament to mark the historic occasion. The session should be addressed by the President, with prominent Sikh personalities to be invited for participation, it added.
The Cabinet resolved to take up with the External Affairs Minister the matter of allowing visa-free entry to devotees intending to visit Gurdwara Sri Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan without entry fee, facilitation charges, service charges, etc. This would allow them to pay obeisance without restriction in accordance with the ‘ardas’ (prayer) of Sikh sangat. The CM promised to personally call on the External Affairs Minister and urge him to prevail upon his Pakistan counterpart to ensure visa-free entry into its territory. The CM decided to convene the next Cabinet meeting here on October 10 to review the progress of development projects.
Punjab to seek special Parliament session
- Cabinet resolves to seek special joint session of Parliament
- Sultanpur Lodhi-Kapurthala-Kartarpur-Beas-Batala-Dera Baba Nanak road to be named ‘Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg’; widened at Rs 96.15 cr
- 1-km stretch to be built from Gurdwara Sant Ghat to connect Kapurthala-Sultanpur Lodhi Road at Rs 1.24 cr
- Proactive measures for canalisation of the Sutlej, Beas and Ravi rivers to conserve groundwater
- External Affairs Minister told to prevail upon Pak counterpart for visa-free travel to Kartarpur gurdwara, ensure restriction-free darshan
Says Chinese aggression increasing along Line of Actual Cont...
After cutting interest rates by 115 basis points since Febru...
'Duo bypassed all forums to protest against govt handling of...
Indian Cricket Board likely to float a tender for the new ti...
10 from family, and friends on the list; will be ‘equipped w...