Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, November 16
Once again, the residents of Ludhiana will witness the presence of police women on road. The Ludhiana Commissionerate, which had about a year back stopped putting police women on patrol duty, has decided to deploy them on roads now.
In the first phase, 20 police women on 10 Activa scooters will patrol major roads in the city. The approval to this effect was given by Police Commissioner Rakesh Agrawal on Saturday. These women will be fully equipped to tackle criminals and anti-social elements.
Agrawal, while talking to The Tribune, said: “Ludhiana has eight police zones and these police women will patrol these zones. By launching this initiative, the police aim at instilling confidence among the women folk. The police women will help in preventing crime against women.”
Agrawal said the police women would be in touch with the respective police stations and the control room and they can call them in case of urgency. “It is observed that women reveal harassment or any crime against them to police women with ease, and with the presence of police women on roads, the women folk will feel secure,” said the CP.
The police women will be on duty from 8 am to 8 pm. They will also be present outside schools and educational institutions in the morning and afternoon.
The CP has asked the residents to cooperate with the police women.
- Constables Narinder Kaur and Baljot Kaur to patrol railway station, Clock Tower, Mata Rani Chowk, Rikhi Chowk, Kali Charan Chowk, Books Market, Master Tara Singh College and Chaura Bazaar.
- Jaspreet Kaur and Prabhjot Kaur to patrol Vaishno Devi Chowk PS3,Than Singh Chowk and Gaushala.
- Manpreet Kaur and Sarabjit Kaur to patrol Model Town main market, Gujranwala College, Gulati Chowk and BVM School.
- Sukhwinder Kaur and Baljinder Kaur to patrol Gill Canal, Chimney Road, GNI College, ATI College and Arora Palace.
- Pooja and Geeta will take care of Fountain Chowk, Mall Road, Bharat Nagar Chowk, Ghumar Mandi, Khalsa College for Girls.
- Baljinder Kaur and Rupinder Kaur will be deployed at Bharat Nagar Chowk, Nirantar Bhawan, DC office and the Silver Arc mall.
- Bhupinder Kaur and Reena Rani will patrol Kips Market, Malhar Road, Ishmeet Chowk, Sacred Heart School and MBD School.
- Ramandeep Kaur and Jatinder Kaur will be on duty at Dandi Swami Chowk, Arya College, KVM School, DMC, Rajpura Chowk, Bhuri Wala gurdwara and Jassian Road.
- Rupinder Kaur and Gagandeep Kaur will be present at Jamalpur Chowk, Metro Road, Gol Market, Moti Nagar main market, Sacred Heart School, BCM School and Vishal Mega Mart.
- Kamaljit Kaur and Mandeep Kaur will patrol ESI hospital, bus stand, passport office and Abdulapur Basti.
All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate. The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
SC seeks suggestions to end criminalisation of politics
It happened in lab, say staff; police to probe
Lack of space at Bhagtanwala dump | Waste processing project...
Raman Bakshi says he will oppose move to give Dhab Khatika h...
Patients keep waiting for doctors outside OPDs for hours
Bans display of designations, profession, organisations
Was duped of huge sums: Prime suspect’s note; cops probing o...
Leakage said to be reason behind incident at Qadianwali vill...
Cops say gangster Moni killed him for giving info about his ...