Tribune News Service
Moga, August 13
A 28-year-old youth, Jagdish Sharma, reportedly died of overdose of ‘chitta’, a synthetic drug, at Ahata Badan Singh locality here, police officials said here today.
The deceased youth’s uncle Varinder Singh in a statement recorded before the police revealed that his nephew had died of overdose of ‘chitta’ late last night. Jagdish had been taking the drug for the past couple of years, he stated.
Last night, he consumed an overdose of the synthetic drug due to which health condition worsened. He was rushed to a private hospital but the doctors who attended to him declared him dead after a few minutes of arrival in the hospital.
He also revealed to the police about the names and details of ‘chitta’ smugglers in Moga from whom his nephew used to buy the drugs.
The police have registered a criminal case against at least three youths, all residents of Sadhanwali Basti, at the City-II police station. However, no one was arrested so far.
All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate. The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Search op being carried out daily to check use of mobiles in...
Phulkari-CAN organises 44th cervical cancer awareness sessio...
Demand cancellation of FIRs against them for stubble burning
Over 1,800 students to participate in celebrations
Says no shot fired, cops concocted story
Haryana says ready to leave claim if Punjab returns amount s...
In its verdict earlier, the Delhi HC didn't order blockade l...
Few traders have not paid rent for a decade
Accuse GST officials of filing false case; CAs also hold pro...
18 women among 2 kingpins, 6 men held during raid