Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, September 18
A fire broke out on the first floor of the Department of Planning, Punjab, in Sector 33 this morning.
According to information, about 70 per cent of the office files got burnt in the mishap. Furniture and other material kept on the first floor also gutted. "It is a loss to us as 70 per cent of our files got burnt in the mishap. We are trying to find out and save the whatever files are left behind," said an official.
According to firemen, they got a fire call at about 6 am. Following which, several fire tenders were pressed into service. The firemen were seen dousing the flames using a ladder to gain entry inside the first floor.
After entering, they controlled the fire. A short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire.
Ask them what Pakistan has done in PoK, he says
The inquiry will be conducted by Gyaneshwar Singh, deputy di...
Notification amounts to creating state within a state, says ...
Sukhjinder Randhawa had alleged Aroosa Alam has links with P...
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group, equity firm CVC place winning bids a...