Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, September 18
A fire broke out on the first floor of the Department of Planning, Punjab, in Sector 33 this morning.
According to information, about 70 per cent of the office files got burnt in the mishap. Furniture and other material kept on the first floor also gutted. "It is a loss to us as 70 per cent of our files got burnt in the mishap. We are trying to find out and save the whatever files are left behind," said an official.
According to firemen, they got a fire call at about 6 am. Following which, several fire tenders were pressed into service. The firemen were seen dousing the flames using a ladder to gain entry inside the first floor.
After entering, they controlled the fire. A short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire.
Don't MissView All
Six died in firing, seven others in the violence that follow...
Demands a 'real reply'
India's total tally of COVID-19 cases has increased to 3,46,...
Strain detected in a person who 'd recently arrived from Tan...
News reports say flight was forced to turn back after a pass...