Fire breaks out at store in Dhakoli, no casualty : The Tribune India

Join Whatsapp Channel

Fire breaks out at store in Dhakoli, no casualty

Short circuit blamed, goods worth lakhs burnt

Fire breaks out at store  in Dhakoli, no casualty

People gather outside the store where a fire broke out at MS Enclave in Dhakoli, Zirakpur, on Thursday. TRIBUNE PHOTO



Tribune News Service

Zirakpur, August 3

A provision store in MS Enclave, Dhakoli, was gutted in a fire incident that took place in the wee hours of Thursday.

Two employees of the shop, who were putting up on an upper floor, came out following commotion due to the fire that broke out around 5 am. Goods worth lakhs were reduced to ashes in fire reportedly caused by a short circuit.

The shop owner, Pramod Kumar, said, “The building, five refrigerators, one photostat machine and goods kept in the store were damaged. A nearby flour mill too suffered some damages.”

Passersby noticed smoke coming out of the building and raised the alarm. The Fire Department was informed. It took half an hour for fire tenders to reach the spot.

Four fire tenders were pressed into service and they brought the blaze under control in an hour and a half.

Four fire tenders pressed into service

  • Passersby noticed smoke billowing out of the building and raised the alarm.
  • The Fire Department was informed about the incident.
  • It took half an hour for fire tenders to reach the spot.
  • Four fire tenders were pressed into service.
  • The blaze was brought under control in an hour and a half.

About The Author

The Tribune News Service brings you the latest news, analysis and insights from the region, India and around the world. Follow the Tribune News Service for a wide-ranging coverage of events as they unfold, with perspective and clarity.

#Zirakpur


Top News

India's mission in touch with Kuwaiti authorities to provide relief to its citizens affected in Mangaf fire

India's mission in touch with Kuwaiti authorities to provide relief to its citizens affected in Mangaf fire

The fire started in a kitchen of the 7-storey building housi...

5 killed as fire breaks out in residential building in Ghaziabad

5 killed as fire breaks out in residential building in Ghaziabad

It is suspected that a short circuit caused the fire


Cities

View All