Chandigarh, July 28
A local court here today dismissed the bail application of a 24-year-old allegedly held in a snatching case saying that “effecting a compromise after the commission of an offence does not mitigate the gravity of the offence”.
“Offences like snatching pose a serious threat to the law and order situation,” the court observed.
Dharminder was booked after Ravi had complained to the police that two boys had snatched his mobile phone, purse containing Rs 5,000, his Aadhar card, and a copy of PAN card from him when he was going in an auto-rickshaw on June 25, 2021.
A case was registered against the accused under Section 379-A, 411 read with 34 of the IPC at the Sector 11 police station.
Accused Dharminder, alias Billa, was arrested on July 2.
The counsel for the accused claimed that Dharminder had been falsely implicated in the case and that he had nothing to do with the alleged offence.
Trial of the case will take time. Therefore, no useful purpose will be served by keeping him behind bars, said the counsel. He also laid stress on the point of compromise between the two parties.
The public prosecutor though said if granted bail, the applicant would hamper the investigation.
After hearing the arguments, Dr Rajneesh, Additional Sessions Judge, said: “In view of the serious allegations against the applicant, the court is of the opinion that at this stage, the applicant is not entitled to the concession of bail.” — TNS
Pakistan is 'arsonist' disguising itself as 'fire-fighter': ...
President Biden welcomed Prime Minister Modi to the White Ho...
Students alleged during lockdown government destructed build...