Sewer man succumbs at Patiala hospital

Co-worker died 3 days ago after inhaling toxic gases

Tribune News Service

Patiala, October 15

Three days after a cleanliness worker died after inhaling toxic gases emanating from a sewer line, his co-worker, Vicky Kumar, breathed his last on Wednesday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here in Rajpura.

Sanjeev Kumar (35), a resident of Rajpura, had died on October 12 after he inhaled toxic gases while cleaning the sewer line in the evening hours.

The Rajpura City SHO, Balwinder Singh, said, “Both were working privately at the sewer lines near the Tahli wala chowk after working hours. Sanjeev Kumar who is a MC employee died on the spot after he slipped and fell into the sewer line.”

He said Vicky Kumar was admitted to Rajindra Hospital and the family later took him to a private hospital in Rajpura. Balwinder Singh said the police have registered a case under Section 174 of the IPC and started investigation.

Tribune Shorts


Top Stories

EC extends ban on physical poll rallies till January 31

EC extends ban on physical poll rallies till January 31

A few concessions have been granted for physical public meet...

Major fire in Mumbai high-rise, 2 injured

7 killed, 16 injured in massive fire in central Mumbai high-rise

The firefighting and rescue operation is on

Controversy, ugly scenes mar DSGMC elections

Controversy, ugly scenes mar DSGMC elections

Voting stopped at Rakab Ganj Gurdwara in morning; repeated a...

Cities

View All