Tribune News Service
Patiala, October 15
Three days after a cleanliness worker died after inhaling toxic gases emanating from a sewer line, his co-worker, Vicky Kumar, breathed his last on Wednesday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here in Rajpura.
Sanjeev Kumar (35), a resident of Rajpura, had died on October 12 after he inhaled toxic gases while cleaning the sewer line in the evening hours.
The Rajpura City SHO, Balwinder Singh, said, “Both were working privately at the sewer lines near the Tahli wala chowk after working hours. Sanjeev Kumar who is a MC employee died on the spot after he slipped and fell into the sewer line.”
He said Vicky Kumar was admitted to Rajindra Hospital and the family later took him to a private hospital in Rajpura. Balwinder Singh said the police have registered a case under Section 174 of the IPC and started investigation.
Don't MissView All
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha pass the Farm Laws Repeal Bil...
The Congress-led opposition is expected to create a ruckus i...
Among the suspended members, six are from the Congress
Says voices against government policies should be forceful b...
A three-judge Bench led by CJI NV Ramana seeks compliance re...