Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, May 2
Imposing stricter restrictions to check the spread of Covid-19, the Punjab Government on Sunday banned the entry of persons from outside the state by air, rail or road without negative Covid report not more than 72 hours old or vaccination certificate of at least one dose over two weeks old.
- Also read: Sangrur Civil Hospital just a ‘referral centre’ now
- Short of staff, Punjab health department gives ventilators to private hospitals
- Final year MBBS students to help overworked seniors
Within the state, all government offices as well as banks would work with 50 per cent staff and not more than two persons would be allowed to travel in cars and taxis and restrictions have been imposed on pillion riding on scooters and motorcycles. The public transport would run at 50 per cent of the capacity.
Restrictions on gatherings at weddings and funerals have been brought to 10 and villages have been asked to organise vigil during night and weekend curfew. There is no change in the lockdown restrictions from 6 pm to 6 am on weekdays and a weekend lockdown from 6 pm on Friday until 5 am on Monday.
All shops selling non-essential items would remain closed till May 15. The shops dealing with essential goods like milk, bread, vegetables, fruits, dairy and poultry and mobile repair would continue to remain open. RT PCR testing of the street vendors will be done. The government has already ordered closing of bars, cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, coaching centres and educational institutions.
Dine in at restaurants has been banned and take away has been allowed till 9 pm. The restrictions will be effective till May 15.
Stricter restrictions to check spread
- All shops selling non-essential items to stay closed till May 15
- Only home delivery from restaurants & other food outlets till 9 pm
- Government offices and banks to function at 50% strength
- Not more than two passengers to travel in four-wheelers
- No pillion riders on motorcycles and scooters
- Gatherings limited to 10 persons, even for marriage & cremation
The Naval warship INS Kochi and offshore support vessel Ener...
Six dead in Maharashtra, Gujarat govt shifts over 1.5 lakh p...
It was found not beneficial in reducing progression to sever...
Offer excuses like shortage of staff for not being able to p...
2,81,386 new infections reported, the lowest in 27 days