Key conspirator in Kapil Sharma’s Canada café firing arrested
28-yr-old accused provided logistical support to the shooters
The Delhi Police have arrested a key conspirator in the firing incident outside comedian Kapil Sharma’s ‘Kap’s Café’ in Surrey, Canada, officials said on Friday.
The 28-year-old accused, who provided logistical support to the shooters involved in the attack, was arrested from Ludhiana. He had gone to Canada on an employment visa in 2023 and later came in contact with members of the Goldy Dhillon gang.
The accused has been identified as Bandhu Maan Singh Sekhon, a resident of Basant Avenue, Ludhiana. He fled back to India after the Surrey Police arrested several of his associates.
The police got a tip-off that the key conspirator in the firing outside Kapil’s café was present in Punjab. The accused was also wanted in an international arms trafficking case, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav.
Yadav said Sekhon was nabbed following the arrest of two members of gangster Sonu Khatri - Mandeep Singh and Dalvinder Kumar along with Turkiye and Chinese made pistols in Sector 29, Rohini. The duo revealed that one pistol from the consignment was delivered to Sekhon, establishing his involvement in the interstate and cross-border illegal arms supply network linked to Khatri, currently operating from the USA, the DCP added.
Following this disclosure, a Crime Branch team went to Ludhiana and arrested Sekhon, Yadav mentioned.
Investigation revealed that Sekhon moved to Canada in 2023 on an employment visa and was residing at 9 Frank Town Space Driver, Brampton. Initially, he worked as a supervisory officer in a pharmaceutical company. While working there, he came in contact with Goldy Dhillon gang members - Daljot Rehal, Seepu, Sharry among others, all residents of Punjab.
Subsequently, he joined the gang and became a key operative and started providing logistical support to the gang. Earlier, he was also associated with the Harry Chatha gang and had been arrested on charges of criminal conspiracy for extortion from India-based businessmen living in Canada and the USA, under the directions of Chatha, who is a gangster-turned-terrorist and is currently working for the PAK-ISI, and living in Pakistan.
In the firing incident at Kap’s Café in Canada, the shooters were identified as Daljot Rehal and Gurjot, who were working as per directions of Seepu, who is wanted in several cases of extortion, firing on businessmen’s residences in Canada, possession of illegal arms and murder. He is believed to be the main conspirator and a key operative of the Goldy Dhillon gang.
After arrest of Seepu by the Canada Police, the name of Bandhu Maan Sekhon surfaced as prime conspirator, planner, executer and logistics supporter behind the Kap’s Café firing attacks in Canada.
Café targeted in three separate incidents
Kap’s Café, a business venture owned by renowned comedian Kapil Sharma and located in Surrey, British Columbia, has been targeted in three separate and violent firing incidents since its opening in July 2025.
July 10, 2025: The first attack took place in the early hours of July 10, 2025, when multiple shots were fired at the café from a moving vehicle. Initially, responsibility was claimed by Harjit Singh Laddi, associated with the banned Khalistani militant group Babbar Khalsa International, who cited alleged insults to Nihang Sikhs made on Sharma’s television show as the motive. Later, foreign-based gangster Goldy Dhillon also claimed responsibility for the incident.
August 7, 2025: The second attack also involved shots fired from a vehicle. This time, responsibility was claimed jointly by gangsters Goldy Dhillon and Kulveer Sidhu through social media posts, describing the firing as a ‘warning.’ They alleged that Kapil Sharma ignored their calls, suggesting possible connections to extortion demands or the gang’s existing conflict with actor Salman Khan.
October 16, 2025: In the third and most recent attack, a gunman again fired multiple rounds at the establishment. Following the incident, both Kulbir Sidhu and Goldy Dhillon claimed responsibility for the attack.
Unlock Exclusive Insights with The Tribune Premium
Take your experience further with Premium access.
Thought-provoking Opinions, Expert Analysis, In-depth Insights and other Member Only Benefits
Already a Member? Sign In Now



