Tribune News Service
New Delhi, July 5
The Director General (DG) of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), SS Deswal, today said the morale of armed forces was “very high” and they were ready to take up any challenge to the extent of sacrificing their lives.
Talking to mediapersons on the sidelines of an event to inaugurate an over 10,000-bed Covid care centre here, the ITBP DG said, “The Prime Minister’s recent visit to Ladakh and his address to troops in Nimu have raised the morale of all forces at the border at a time when the military standoff with China continues.”
Deswal added that with the strong backing of the entire national and political leadership, the forces and jawans have dedicated themselves to the nation.
“They are dedicated to border security and the morale of all forces, be it the Indian Army, Air Force or ITBP, is very high,” he said.
Deswal says armed forces personnel have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty in the past and they are ready to dedicate their lives to the nation in the future as well.
The Covid-care facility was inaugurated by Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal. The ITBP is the nodal agency to run and manage the facility.
The ITBP is the nodal agency to run and manage the Covid-care facility.
World’s largest facility
- It has two segments — Covid Care Centre (CCC), where asymptomatic positive cases will be treated, and Dedicated Covid Health Care (DCHC), which will treat symptomatic cases and have an oxygen support system
- The CCC will have 90% beds, and the DCHC the rest
- Over 1,000 doctors, nurses and paramedics of ITBP and other CAPF. Another 1,000 paramedics, assistants and security have been deployed
- e-vehicles and ambulances have also been deployed for facilitating the movement of patients inside the centre
- A recreational centre has been made available to the patients along with a library, board games, skipping ropes, etc
- Patients will be provided five healthy meals a day along with immunity boosting chyavanprash, juices & ‘kadha’ PTI
India's novel coronavirus tally crossed the 22-lakh mark on ...
High-speed broadband connections in the union territory at p...
Vivo had won IPL title sponsorship rights for five years fro...
On a visit to the hospital for a separate procedure, he test...
The saffron party has convened its legislature party meet in...