The surge in demand for studying/working abroad amongst students is a noticeable trend which has led to an increased requirement for a secure and reliable English language proficiency exam.
The foremost necessity for learners is to score high in these exams to be able to follow their dream and study abroad. PTE Academic is the fastest English test available in the market today offered exclusively by Pearson in India which enables students to appear for their exam within two days of booking.
It is a computer-based language test that offers students and employment seekers a fast (results typically in five business days), fair (accurate computer marking with no potential for examiner bias) and flexible (test sessions 360 days of the year) way of proving their English language proficiency. It provides the preparation path for test takers to attain a good score and maximize the chance of success.
PTE Academic is the only English Language test which combines all the 4 critical skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. While preparing for PTE Academic, test takers should develop these skills as it is an integrated skill test. For in-depth step by step preparation per test sections of speaking and writing, test-takers can prepare for PTE Academic using a range of official coursebooks and preparation options.
PTE Academic test lasts for 3 hours which is taken in a secure test center. Furthermore, test takers can book online up to 24 hours in advance, take advantage of year-round worldwide testing slots and receive their results quickly - 1.2 days the average so far for 2019.
Test takers must be at least 16 years old at the time of taking the test
- Format for the test and scoring: https://pearsonpte.com/the-test/format/
- How to Register- To book PTE Academic online, an individual need to create a Pearson account by providing acceptable and valid ID, usually a passport. It is essential to produce the required ID on test day to be allowed into the test room
PTE Academic is a three-hour test which consist three sections on Speaking & Writing, Reading and Listening, including elements like essay-writing, summarizing text and audio, fill-in-the-blanks, MCQs etc. The test involves twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice questions to essay writing and interpreting information. The test also incorporates audible excerpts, lectures, view graphs and charts to assesses academic English. The test enables a learner to hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, hence exposing them to distinguished type of accents.
For more information check out PTE Academic: https://pearsonpte.com/
The latest AI technology is used for scoring; biometric data collection provides enhanced security measures and voice recognition software is applied for the speaking element of the test.
- PTE Academic is accepted as proof of English-language ability for Australian student visas since 2011.
- It has also been recently awarded commercial agreements from the UK Home Office to provide Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) to aspirants who need to demonstrate their English language skills to work or live in the UK.
- It is accepted by 100% of Australian, New Zealand and Irish Universities for migration purposes, 98% of UK universities, more than 2,000 academic programmes in the USA and by thousands of universities in UK, Canada, Singapore, Ireland.
- It is accepted by thousands of renowned colleges, universities, training providers and professional associations including Harvard Business School, Yale University, INSEAD and London Business School.
- It is accepted by most professional bodies that provide registration and assessment including, CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Institute of Public Accountants, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Computer Society (ACS).
The test-takers can prepare for PTE Academic using a range of official coursebooks. Students can prepare for PTE Academic by downloading Offline Practice Test which includes audio files, sample responses, PDF and prompts to understand the test format. For the best PTE Academic preparation, one can refer to online Scored Practice Test on Pearson's website or take an online course with E2Language. PTE Academic 79 Plus helps test takers prepare efficiently. It is a step by step guide to all task types in PTE Academic that empowers test takers to achieve their dream score. This insightful and comprehensive book is mindful of the various needs of PTE Aspirants and is a stepping stone to achieve their study abroad objective. One can also refer to preparatory resources which are available online and students can prepare through online English language enhancement tool called MePro which is mapped to Global Scale of English (GSE) and CEFR.
Throughout the year, 360 days. Exams are conducted at test centres located across the regions
PTE Academic is scored against the Global Scale of English, a thermometer-style scale which gives an accurate overview of an applicant's skills. The PTE Academic Score Report includes your overall score, communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores. The overall score reflects your overall English language ability. The score is based on performance on all items in the test. The range for the overall score is 10-90 points. Scores for communicative skills (listening, reading, speaking and writing) are based on all test items that assess these skills, either as a single skill or together with other skills. The range for each communicative skill score is 10-90 points. Scores for enabling skills (grammar, oral fluency, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary and written discourse) are based on all test items assessing one or more of these skills. The range for each enabling skill score is 10-90 points.
Some city parts witness waterlogging; commuters suffer
Bargari residents had protested rising theft cases
Nailed near Japanese Garden where he had come to supply drug...
IndiGo also introducing flights to Pune, Chennai, Lucknow
Kala Sanghian pollution on agenda
Edu Dept asks school principals to register students by Feb ...
40k bribe money found in his driver’s house
US firms show interest in bulk purchases from India
To continue till March 5, MP Preneet to inaugurate event