Fire breaks out at Chandigarh's PGI; leads to panic among patients

Fire breaks out at Chandigarh's PGI; leads to panic among patients

Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, January 27

A fire on the top floor of Chandigarh’s PGIMER in the wee hours of Monday triggered panic as patients were asked to evacuate the floor. 

The fire broke out around 6 am in a kitchen next to the the doctors’ canteen in the D block of Nehru building. The top floor has surgical wards, 20 private rooms, a pantry and  an operation theatre. 

A short circuit is believed to have caused the fire. The fire was brought under control immediately and no one was hurt. 

It was a nightmare for the patients and people attending to them after they were asked to evacuate.

Top Stories

Govt tries to wash hands of ‘Namaste Trump’ show

Govt tries to wash hands of ‘Namaste Trump’ show

3-hour mega event being held by an unknown entity

‘Order on women officers enabling’

‘Order on women officers enabling’

General Naravane says letters being sent for permanent commi...

Won’t scrap Article 371: Shah

Won’t scrap Article 371: Shah

Says ‘real’ integration of Northeast only under Modi govt

Cities

View All

12 illegal structures around airport razed

Zirakpur MC had sought police protection for drive

PGI’s youngest-ever donor, all of 70 hours, saves life in death

In a pioneering surgery, doctors use newborn’s kidneys to sa...

‘Shadow councillors’ on mind, AAP eyes MC poll

Pepped by Delhi win, party’s city cadre raring to go

Man threatens to jump with two-yr-old kid

High drama at mall after tiff with wife

City’s water storage capacity to double

MC to spend as UT fails to respond; Feb 25 meet to take call

Community connection helped me: Canadian MP

Dr Brar felicitated at his alma mater PAU

RTI plea: Casual approach costs LIT dear

State panel slaps penalty of Rs5,000 on Executive Officer o...