Saturday, October 19, 2019
facebook
Haryana » Community

Posted at: Apr 1, 2015, 12:50 AM; last updated: Mar 31, 2015, 11:07 PM (IST)

Another bus mishap averted in Ambala

Suman Bhatnagar

Ambala, March 31

A mishap in another college bus was averted this evening when fire broke out in the engine of a college bus.

After lectures finished for the day, a bus from Galaxy Global Group of Institutes carrying around 30 students was coming toward Ambala City. When the bus was crossing the police lines at Ambala City, suddenly smoke filled the bus. The panicked students rushed outside as the alarmed driver applied the emergency breaks.

Later, the driver and the students put off the fire by throwing water. The fire extinguisher available in the bus did not work properly. A fire tender also reached the spot, but the fire was controlled before its arrival.

The bus driver Neeraj said the fire started from the engine due to a short circuit. Gaurav, a student, travelling in the bus said there was commotion all around and students were scared as they had heard about the Ambala bus mishap, when smoke spread in their bus. Later another bus from the institution arrived and ferried the students to their respective destinations.

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On