Four of family die in fire in Yamunanagar

Four of family die in fire in Yamunanagar

Photo for representation only

Shiv Kumar Sharma

Tribune News Service

Yamunanagar, November 25

A man and his three children were burnt alive after their rented house located above a scrap godown caught fire in the City Centre area of Yamunanagar early Thursday morning.

The deceased have been identified as Niyamudin (37) of Madhuban district (Bihar), his daughter Fiza (12), his sons Chand (8) and Rehan (3).

The deceased’s wife Naseema (32) also suffered burn injuries in the fire incident and she was admitted at Trauma Centre here.

According to information, a scrap dealer had constructed five-six quarters on the first floor of his scrap godown near City Centre and 22 persons were living on rent in the said quarters.

Sources said that the fire broke out at the scrap godown at about 2 am and later the fire engulfed the quarters also.

When the fire broke out, 17 people living in the quarters managed to escape, but the family of Niyamudin was stranded in their quarter. Niyamudin worked as a laborer.

Pramod Kumar Duggal, Fire Officer, Yamunanagar said that they got the information of occurring fire at 2.30 am.

He said that they pressed six fire tenders to control the fire.

“Five persons who sustained burn injuries were rushed to the Trauma Centre,” said Pramod Kumar Duggal.

Dr Vijay Dahiya, Civil Surgeon, Yamunanagar said that five persons including a woman were rushed to Trauma Centre with burn injuries at 4 pm today.

He said that four of them were declared brought dead and the dead bodies were kept at the mortuary.

He said that the woman was having minor burn injuries and she was admitted at Trauma Centre for treatment.

“Probable cause of death is extensive burn injuries and suffocation. The exact cause of death will be ascertained after postmortem examination,” said Civil Surgeon, Dr Dahiya.

Dal Singh, SHO, City police station, Yamunanagar, said that there were 22 persons in the quarters and 17 persons were rescued.

He said they were yet to determine the exact cause of the fire, but a sort circuit might be one of the reasons behind the fire.

He added that the matter was being investigated.

Tribune Shorts


Top Stories

India’s first Omicron cases: One is South African, second a local doctor with no travel history

India’s first Omicron cases: One is South African, second a local doctor with no travel history

Five contacts of doctor also test positive and their samples...

India's first two Omicron cases detected in Karnataka, says government

India's first two Omicron cases detected in Karnataka

Govt says need not panic about Omicron detection but awarene...

Supreme Court slams Delhi govt over ‘Red Light On, Gaadi Off’ campaign

Supreme Court sets 24-hour deadline for govt to come up with concrete measures on air pollution

Bench hints at setting up task force; pulls up Delhi govt fo...

Delhi schools to be closed from Friday till further orders due to pollution

Delhi schools to be closed till further orders due to pollution

The decision comes after the Supreme Court on Thursday pulls...

Cities

View All