Gurugram, July 7
The Nuh police have lodged an FIR against the Salaheri resident Irshad Pradhan for allegedly hurting religious sentiments of people through a video that had gone viral.
Tension was reported in the Mewat area after the video showed him declaring a reward of Rs 2 crore for slashing ex-BJP leader Nupur Sharma’s tongue.
“We have identified the accused and booked him. Police teams are conducting raids to nab him. Action will be taken as per the law. The social media cell too has been pressed into action to ensure that no such instigating content is supported or circulated in the district,” said Superintendent of Police Nuh Varun Singla.
“We appeal to people not spread such videos and communal content,” added Varun Singla.
Another BJP leader courts controversy
- In Gurugram, yet another BJP leader has run into controversy for his alleged objectionable tweets about Prophet Mohammad
- A series of tweets, posted in 2017 and May 2022, have gone viral on the Twitter. The BJP IT cell in charge Arun Yadav has been accused of insulting the Prophet and Islam and spreading hatred.
- However, no formal police complaint has been filed in this regard, but the arrest of Yadav was trending on Twitter.
- Reacting to controversy, state BJP president OP Dhankar removed him from his post with immediate effect.
- Both Yadav and Dhankar remained unavailable for comments.
Don't MissView All
BJP gears for Punjab Lok Sabha polls: Capt Amarinder Singh, Sunil Jakhar, Rana Sodhi get organisational roles
Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi, Manoranjan Kalia and Amanjot Kaur R...
Can meet at Hyderabad residence on Dec 6, says Kavitha
CM Bhupesh Baghel had earlier accusing the probe agency of c...
Secretary of State Antony Blinken emphasises that Biden Admi...
Gurpatwant Pannu, head of the banned terror outfit Sikhs For...