Tribune News Service
Sonepat, November 7
Nine members of two families from Gujarat had a miraculous escape when the mini-bus they were travelling in caught fire on a flyover on the NH-44 in Samalkha today.
The mishap occurred at 2.15 pm when the families were on their way to Shimla from Delhi. As they reached the flyover, the driver of the vehicle, Latif, noticed smoke coming out from the engine of the bus. He immediately stopped the bus.
Meanwhile, the bus caught fire and all passengers immediately alighted from it with their luggage. The bus started rolling back and it stopped after colliding with a divider at a distance of 200m.
The vehicle was completely burnt till a fire tender reached the spot and controlled the flames.
Rajender Patel, a passenger from Gujarat, said the reason behind the fire was a short-circuit in the AC fitting of the bus. He, along with his family members, saved their lives after jumping out of the bus.
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
Four children wounded in knife attack in French town, two in critical condition; assailant arrested
Injured children aged between 22 months and 3 years: Police ...
Bombay High Court extends Sameer Wankhede's interim protection from arrest in extortion and bribery case till June 23
Wankhede moved the high court last month seeking quashing of...
At IP university campus launch in Delhi, 'Modi, Modi' slogans interrupt Kejriwal's speech
AAP accuses the BJP of creating a ruckus at the event
Explosion outside 'malkhana' adjoining district court complex in Ludhiana as waste was being burnt
Waste was being burnt, which allegedly resulted in the explo...
GCM convicts lieutenant colonel of improper relation with woman clerk
He has been awarded forfeiture of three years’ seniority of ...