Chamba, September 14
Four members of a family, including three children, were reportedly burnt to death after a fire broke out at their house in the Churah tehsil of Chamba district in the wee hours today.
Around 3.45 am, helpline 112 was informed about the fire that broke out in the house of one Mohammad Rafi in Karatot village, said SSP Arul Kumar in a press statement released here.
He said a team from the Tissa police station rushed to the incident site. On reaching the spot, it was found that four persons lost lives in the fire.
The victims were Mohd Rafi (26), his daughters Jaitoon (6) and Zulekha (one-and-a-half years old) and son Sameer (4).
Rafi’s wife Bhura (26) suffered burn injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.
The SSP said a case has been registered.
A team from the forensic science laboratory (FSL) from Dharamsala was expected to reach the spot by evening.
Preliminary investigations revealed that petrol cans were kept in the house. However, other probable causes were also being looked into, said the police.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner DC Rana directed the area officials to carry out relief and rescue operations and conduct probe into the incident.
The CLP will be held at Congress headquarters in Chandigarh ...
GST Council extends concessional tax rates on Covid drugs ti...
India disassociates from Bishkek Declaration’s mention of Ch...
Transfers five Chief Justices and 28 other High Court Judges
The current Indian record is of administering 1.33 crore dos...