Palampur, April 7
Property worth lakhs was gutted in a fire in Drogunu village, 10 km from here, last night. A senior officer of the state revenue department said the fire broke out in the house of Ajay Kumar and Kuldip Kumar when the family members were not present in the house. The residents residing nearby raised an alarm.
The local residents reached the spot and attempted to extinguish but the fire engulfed the house in a few minutes leaving the household and other goods badly damaged. By the time fire brigades reached the spot, the damage had been done.
The exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained immediately. However, villagers said the cause of the fire could be short circuit. Owners of the house said golden ornaments, clothes, fridge, television and other household goods worth nearly Rs 5 lakh were damaged. The police have registered a case and started investigation.
Trilok Kapoor, chairman, State Wool Federation, visited the village and assured assistance to the victims. He also announced that the BJP Mandal will give Rs 5 lakh to the affected families.
Caption: Picture of house destroyed in fire – Ravinder Sood
1,761 more deaths reported
Class 12 Exam (offline) to be conducted at a later date
Covid deaths rise at alarming rate; late reporting one of ma...
Blinken spoke with Jaishankar to reaffirm the importance of ...