Wednesday, July 18, 2018

google plus
  • Sensex surges 227.91 pts to hit all-time high of 36,747.87; Nifty climbs 62.05 pts to 11,070.10 in opening trade

Posted at: Sep 14, 2017, 12:13 AM; last updated: Sep 14, 2017, 12:13 AM (IST)

Man dies as house catches fire

Man dies as house catches fire
A house at Gojra village, 9 km from Manali, reduced to ashes on Tuesday night. Photo: MC Thakur

Our Correspondent

Manali, September 13

One person was burnt alive while property worth Rs 16 lakh was destroyed after a fire broke out in a house at Gojara village, 9km from here, last night.

According to Sub-fire Officer, Kewal Singh, they received a call at about 9:30pm and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

He said one person was burnt alive in the incident and property worth Rs 16 lakh was also destroyed.

He also added that fire tenders could save adjoining houses from catching fire.

In the preliminary investigation, it was found that the fire broke out due to leaking LPG cylinder which caught fire.

KD Sharma, SHO, Manali, said the deceased was identified as Vidya Nand, (25) resident of Supaul district of Bihar, who was working as a labourer in the village. He said the body was handed over to relatives after carrying out a post-mortem examination.


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On