Tribune News Service
Shimla, June 13
Private bus operators have decided to continue their strike even as the HRTC will resume services from tomorrow.
Private bus operators said until the government accepted their demands, they would not call off the protest. “At a meeting held today, we decided to continue the strike as relief measures announced by the government in response to our demands are not acceptable to us,” said Rajesh Parashar, president of the state private bus operators’ union.
The government had announced a relief package for the private operators a few days ago, in which it was claimed that the operators have been given a relief of Rs 40 crore.
“Nearly 70 per cent buses remained off road and did no business at all. Only 30 per cent were running. Why should the government demand 50 per cent tax on buses that did no business at all?” asked Parashar. “We want 100 per cent waiver on tax,” he said.
He said the working capital scheme announced by the government made little sense. “The government should offer Rs 2 lakh interest-free working capital for three years. The interest repayment can be started after three years,” he said.
He alleged that the government was going out of the way to help out the HRTC, but was unwilling to help the private operators.
The HRTC buses, which had been off road due to the curfew for over a month now, will resume services tomorrow.
A large number of protests are being held on railway tracks ...
Farmers also block the Landran Chowk
A heavy presence of security personnel is seen at the Delhi-...
The Delhi-Amritsar Shan-e-Punjab, New Delhi-Moga Express, Ol...
Several non-NDA parties have extended support to the nationw...