Woman killed as LPG cylinder leak causes fire in Dasuya

Woman killed as LPG cylinder leak causes fire in Dasuya

A woman died while another suffered serious burns after a fire broke out at their house due to leakage in the LPG cylinder here today. The incident took place in the Arjun Colony area of Ward No. 4. - File photo

Our Correspondent

Dasuya, August 2

A woman died while another suffered serious burns after a fire broke out at their house due to leakage in the LPG cylinder here today. The incident took place in the Arjun Colony area of Ward No. 4.

Rohit, a resident of Arjun Colony, said there was a religious programme in his house. He said his mother Parveen and aunt Shakuntla were in the kitchen to cook food. As soon as she turned on the gas stove for cooking, the LPG cylinder in the kitchen caught fire, which immediately turned into flames. Both of them came in the grip of fire. Persons present at the house somehow managed to control the fire and took her to the hospital where Shakuntla (45), wife of Paramjeet, a resident of Haled, was declared brought dead and his(Rohit) mother Parveen was referred to a hospital in serious condition. Some electrical appliances were also destroyed in the fire.

Tribune Shorts


Top News

Nitish, KCR skip NITI Aayog meet; modernise farm sector, says PM

Nitish, KCR skip NITI Aayog meet; modernise farm sector, says PM

Oppn-ruled states rake up GST dues, lack of consultation on ...

SOG team attacked in Kathua, cop hurt

SOG team attacked in Kathua, cop hurt

Was on search duty ahead of I-Day

Cities

View All