- Which is your favourite role so far and why?
My favourite character would be Romi Bhalla in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein because it was my acting debut and the character had many layers to it. Being my first TV show, it gave me the opportunity to explore various emotions on screen.
- Do you feel that unlike Bollywood actors, TV actors don’t have a lot of options to choose from?
Yes, I agree to a certain extent.This is because films have schedules and they are wrapped up within a particular time frame, but as far as daily soaps go, once you become a part of it you cannot do anything else because the TV show keeps you busy.
- What is the first thing you see in a script?
The first thing I see is if I relate to the character in any way, as in if even one of the character’s traits are similar to me and if I can associate to it as an audience member or not.
- You fought the battle with Covid-19 with your entire family. How did you cope?
If I would have been in Mumbai alone, I think my situation would have worsened. Thank God I was at home with my family around and we fought this Covid battle together. It’s very important to be with people whom you love during such tough times.
- Your close buddy Rahul Vaidya is getting married. How excited are you for his big day?
It is a good thing that Rahul is getting married to someone he loves - Rahul and Disha Parmar make a perfect couple. In Bigg Boss we became friends and after coming out of the show, we nurtured the bond.
- Will you be performing at Rahul’s wedding? If yes, on what song?
Yes, I’ll be performing, but I can’t disclose much right now. Let it be a surprise. In fact, I would like to see Rahul and Disha perform on Tujhe Kitna ChaneLage Hum from Kabir Singh.
- How do you handle fame?
I enjoy the adulation. People know me by my name, courtesy the reality shows,which is surely a plus because when you are doing daily soaps recognition is limited to your character’s name. It is a good feeling.
- What would you like to do next?
I am open to daily soaps as well as web series, but the role should suit my personality.
Wankhede visits NCB’s Delhi office; now faces phone-tapping ...