Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, April 19
As many as 758 persons tested positive for Covid in the district, while 10 persons lost their life to the virus today. The active cases have gone up to 4,707, while total confirmed cases till date have reached 43,821. The death count in the district due to Covid has reached 1,253.
Eight men and two women, most of them with hypertension and diabetes comorbidities, lost their lives today. The deceased belonged to Mundian Kalan, Lahal village, Deharka village, Shimlapuri, Basti Jodhewal, Sherpur, Dhandari Kalan, Giaspura, Lasara village and Dholewal.
Those tested positive include three healthcare workers and an undertrial. As many as 174 persons are still untraceable. In the district, 501 persons were home quarantined. Today 17 persons were on ventilator support, out of which 11 belong to Ludhiana district and remaining to other districts.
Civil Surgeon, Ludhiana, Dr Sukhjeevan Kakkar said it was the duty of people to follow the safety measures like wearing mask and maintaining social distancing.
Police chief contracts virus
- Commissioner of Police Rakesh Agrawal has tested positive for Covid-19. He has isolated himself at his residence and getting treatment.
- In a post put on a Facebook page of the Ludhiana police, he said he woke up on Sunday morning with body ache and 101°F temperature. After undergoing both rapid antigen and RT-PCR tests, he was declared positive for Covid-19 and put on symptomatic treatment.
- He has made an appeal to all those who had come in his contact during the past seven days to isolate themselves and also get tested.
- Agrawal, who has taken both doses of Covid vaccine, observed that even though his office building (Police Commissionerate) had the highest level of hygiene, sanitation standards and strictly followed all preventive measures against Covid-19, but still he had got infected.
- He has made an appeal to people not to ignore their health as the virus was spreading much faster and sooner than their imagination.
The bodies washed up on the banks of the river on Monday
Called pan-coronavirus vaccine, it was found effective in pr...
Asks Centre to share vaccine formula with other companies to...
On Friday, India recorded highest ever 4,14,188 cases
'COVID compliant facility installed at the worksite itself t...