Friday, March 22, 2019
facebook
Ludhiana

Posted at: Aug 4, 2018, 1:41 AM; last updated: Aug 4, 2018, 1:41 AM (IST)

Fire breaks out at knitwear unit

Tribune News Service

Ludhiana August 3

A fire broke out at a Knitwear unit in Shivpuri on Thursday night, in which goods was gutted. However, no loss of life was reported.

The fire was not massive, due to which firemen managed to control the flames in minimum possible time.

As per the available information, the fire broke out around 10.30 pm and the factory was closed when area people noticed the flames.

People raised an alarm and informed the factory owner. Before the owner could come, area residents had already informed the fire station.

A fire official said it was a multi-storey building and the fire had first started from the ground floor, which later spread to the second floor as well. Firemen with just two fire tenders managed to douse the flames.

Fire officials suspected that shortcircuit could be the cause of fire, but further probe would only clear the exact cause of death.

Fire officials also revealed that there were no fire-safety arrangements in the factory and the Fire Department would send them notice.

COMMENTS

All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On