Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, August 14
Today, 228 persons tested positive and seven, including five men and two women, lost their lives to Covid-19 in the district.
Those, who lost their lives today, include a 27-year-old man from Haibowal, who was obese, and a 33-year-old man from Shimlapuri, who was admitted to Rajindra Hospital, Patiala.
A 35-year-old man from Khanna, who was an old TB patient, also succumbed to the virus today. Others, who lost their lives today, were between 60 to 70 years. They belonged to Noorwala Chowk, Haansi Kalan, Sarali Rahon and Lakshman Nagar.
Those who tested positive include 57 from the flu corner, 81 contacts of positive persons, 43 reported from OPD, 12 undertrials, five cops, three healthcare workers and five pregnant women while tracing of 23 was still under progress.
Hussan Lal, state nodal officer of Covid for Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Patiala and Amritsar districts-cum-Principal Secretary, Sports and Youth Services-cum-Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration, reviewed arrangements to fight the virus today.
He also held a meeting with members of Sanjivani Group, which was formed under the Mission Fateh in collaboration with the district administration. The group comprises medical experts, including Prof Bishav Mohan, Prof Rajesh Mahajan, Dr Sandeep Chhabra, Dr Vipin (DMC, Ludhiana), Prof HS Pannu (Director, Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana), Prof Mary John (CMC, Ludhiana), Dr Gurpreet Singh (Critical care expert, Apollo Hospital, Ludhiana) and Dr Hitender Kaur Sohal (SMO, Civil Hospital, and Nodal Officer, Covid, Ludhiana).
He also chaired a meeting that was attended by Deputy Commissioner Varinder Kumar Sharma, Commissioner of Police Rakesh Kumar Agrawal, Civil Surgeon Rajesh Kumar Bagga and several other district administration and Health Department officials. During the meeting, he issued several instructions regarding Covid to officials.
Later, he visited Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, covid care centre at Meritorious School and the Civil Hospital, where he interacted with doctors and took their feedback.
He also visited a micro-containment zone on Barewal Road and interacted with police officials on duty there.
Meanwhile, SPS Hospital, Sherpur Chowk, has added 50 more beds to its existing covid care centre.
B’day celebrated at Covid ward
- Sonia Juneja (52) from Ludhiana was admitted to the Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) with fever and breathing difficulty in the Covid ward. She was desaturating and her blood oxygen level was very low.
- According to Dr Vikas Loomba, her doctor, Dr William Bhatti, director, and Dr Anil Luther, medical superintendent, she was immediately put on a non-invasive ventilator. Now, the patient was improving and is on low flow oxygen, they added.
- The administration and Dr Vikas Loomba took the initiative to celebrate Sonia’s birthday in the Covid ward on August 10. She celebrated it with doctors and staff of the Covid ward by cutting a cake and having online interaction with her family.
COVID-19 Control Room
- For Home Isolation 78147-64759
- Ambulance Problem 78143-63850
- Hospital Problem 62849-12553
- General Problem 62845-31852
Weblink where residents can check real time status of vacant and occupied beds in all hospitals:
The drugs angle is being investigated by NCB as part of Sush...
Bills passed by Rajya Sabha in violation of all parliamentar...
Second shortest monsoon session of the Upper House
Saini filed an application before the Punjab and Haryana Hig...
Erdogan, in his pre-recorded video statement to the General ...