Thursday, October 17, 2019

Posted at: Feb 16, 2019, 9:39 PM; last updated: Feb 16, 2019, 10:53 PM (IST)

Here's how you can donate to families of martyred CRPF jawans

Here's how you can donate to families of martyred CRPF jawans
Family members pay salute to slain CRPF jawan Sukhjinder Singh, at his residence before his funeral in Gandiwind village of Tarn Taran district on Saturday, February 16, 2019. PTI

Tribune News Service
New Delhi, Febraury 16 

Those who want to contribute voluntarily to the families of CRPF jawans martyred in Pulwama terror attack can do so on the official website of 'Bharat Ke Veer'.

This fund is managed by a committee comprising Director Generals of Central Armed Paramilitary Forces  (CAPFs) under the aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs.

'Bharat Ke Veer' is a trust into which public can contribute voluntarily to support families of martyrs of CAPFs -- BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, NDRF, NSG, SSB and Assam Rifles, the MHA said.

Expressing gratitude for the support, MHA said, "During the last few days there has been a tremendous response from people wanting to contribute through the website :"

However, due to heavy traffic, sometimes a slowdown is reported in accessing  the website, it added.  

"It is also reported that some unscrupulous elements are soliciting contributions from people through other accounts. It is advised that people desirous of supporting families of martyrs of CAPFs should only contribute through the website --," the Ministry of Home Affairs said.


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On