New Delhi, December 15
The banned “Sikhs For Justice” suffered a setback after a US court dismissed a $100-million lawsuit filed against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
Earlier this week, a big question mark was put on the support it enjoys after no one turned up in response to its call to gherao the Indian High Commission in London last Friday.
The lawsuit was filed before the “Howdy Modi” rally in the US in September last year and was intended to act as an irritant during PM Modi’s week-long visit to Houston and Washington.
It had challenged the abolition of Article 370 and reorganisation of J&K into two Union Territories.
Sources here said the brain behind the lawsuit was SFJ’s Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, who is facing a chargesheet in India along with several other separatists living abroad.
The case was dismissed as the litigant, the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front, and two other complainants identified as “TFK” and “SMS” did not attend two consecutive hearings. Pannun also reportedly did not turn up. The Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front had served the summons to PM Modi, Shah and a local Indian Army commander at that time at the Indian Consulate in Houston. — TNS
Don't MissView All
Congress has no respect for tribals, it did not even support Droupadi Murmu in presidential polls: PM Modi in Gujarat
Prime Minister says Digital India campaign has brought about...
‘Who is destroying land, water and forest? You and the rich ...
13 injured after falling on railway track as part of foot over-bridge collapses in Maharashtra’s Chandrapur
One person suffers head injuries and his condition is critic...
Videos of protests from various university campuses where st...
Haryana panchayat election results: INLD leader Abhay Chautala's son wins in Sirsa, BJP MP Nayab Saini’s wife loses in Ambala
The elections to 143 panchayat samitis and 22 zila parishads...