2 labourers die of suffocation at room in city

2 labourers die of suffocation at room in city

Picture for representational purpose only.

Tribune News Service

Patiala, January 15

Two labourers, who were working at a marble factory near Suniarheri village on the Patiala-Cheeka road, died reportedly due to suffocation in their room.

The victims (both residents of Nepal) have been identified as Manoj Kumar and Puran. Manpreet Singh, Station House Officer, Sadar, said, “The labourers had lit ‘angeethi’ in their room. During the preliminary investigation, it seemed there was shortage of oxygen in the room due to the angeethi since there was no window for ventilation. Meanwhile, the postmortem report said that the cause of death was inhaling carbon monoxide gas.

Tribune Shorts


Top News

Wholesale inflation at record high of 15.08%

Wholesale inflation at record high of 15.08%

Pricey essentials lead to spike | 13th month of double-digit...

Govt allows wheat export orders placed till May 13

Govt allows wheat export orders placed till May 13

Don’t restrict supply: US to india

More forces for Punjab ahead of Blue Star anniv

More forces for Punjab ahead of Operation Blue Star anniversary

10 additional paramilitary companies to be deployed

Cities

View All