Tribune News Service
Patiala, February 2
A gardener working at Punjabi University, Patiala died on Tuesday morning after he accidentally consumed acid. It was claimed that he mistook the acid for a medicine.
The deceased was identified as Gurpreet Singh.
Police officials of Patiala Sadar police station said that the family of the 34-year-old deceased revealed that he used to remain depressed due to the lack of funds as the University failed to provide salaries on time.
ASI Pradeep Kumar of Sadar police station revealed that the man was the only bread-earner in the family. He consumed acid on Monday evening. He was admitted to Vardhman hospital in Urban Estate.
“His wife, Bhupinder Kaur, informed us, that he worked as a mali at Punjabi University, Patiala. Due to lack of funds as the University failed to credit salaries in time, he started remaining depressed, due to which he was also taking medicine. He consumed the acid accidently taking it for a medicine. He died on Tuesday morning,” the ASI added.
Police officials said the man is survived by his aged father, wife, and three minor daughters. The police said a case under section 174 of the CrPC was registered, and the police were investigating the matter further.
Post-mortem of the dead-body was carried out today.
PM Modi hails the milestone, says US did same coverage in 89...
The Congress chief was addressing the chief ministers of Pun...
Test, track, vaccinate: Sonia Gandhi to Congress CMs
EC orders adjournment of polls at polling station number 126...
State govt amends software to ensure continued arhtiya invol...