Man consumes acid, dies

Patiala, march 2

A gardener working at Punjabi University, Patiala, died on Tuesday morning after he accidentally consumed acid, taking it for a medicine.

Officials at the Patiala Sadar police station said the family of the deceased, Gurpreet Singh (34), claimed he was depressed due to lack of funds as the university had failed to provide salary on time.

ASI said Gurpreet was the only bread earner in the family. After he consumed acid on Monday evening, he was admitted to the Vardhman Hospital in Urban Estate here. The ASI said, “His wife Bhupinder Kaur informed us that he worked as a gardener at Punjabi University. He consumed the acid accidentally taking it for a medicine. He died on Tuesday morning.” — TNS

Top Stories

Night curfew in Haryana from 9 pm to 5 am

Night curfew in Haryana from 9 pm to 5 am

Restrictions to remain in force till further orders

Russia’s Sputnik V gets expert panel nod, ball now in DCGI court

Russia’s Sputnik V gets expert panel nod, ball now in DCGI court

If approved, Sputnik V will be third COVID-19 vaccine to be ...

Bengal elections: EC bars CM Mamata Banerjee from campaigning for 24 hours

Bengal elections: EC bars CM Mamata Banerjee from campaigning for 24 hours

Action comes following her remarks against central forces an...

India records highest single-day rise so far with over 1.68 lakh new Covid cases

India records highest single-day rise so far with over 1.68 lakh new Covid cases

The national recovery rate has fallen below 90 per cent

Sonia writes to PM Modi for nod to more vaccines; BJP hits back

Sonia writes to PM Modi for nod to more vaccines; BJP hits back

Saffron party says all those advocating approval to Pfizer w...

Cities

View All