Sewer man succumbs at Patiala hospital

Co-worker died 3 days ago after inhaling toxic gases

Tribune News Service

Patiala, October 15

Three days after a cleanliness worker died after inhaling toxic gases emanating from a sewer line, his co-worker, Vicky Kumar, breathed his last on Wednesday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here in Rajpura.

Sanjeev Kumar (35), a resident of Rajpura, had died on October 12 after he inhaled toxic gases while cleaning the sewer line in the evening hours.

The Rajpura City SHO, Balwinder Singh, said, “Both were working privately at the sewer lines near the Tahli wala chowk after working hours. Sanjeev Kumar who is a MC employee died on the spot after he slipped and fell into the sewer line.”

He said Vicky Kumar was admitted to Rajindra Hospital and the family later took him to a private hospital in Rajpura. Balwinder Singh said the police have registered a case under Section 174 of the IPC and started investigation.

Top Stories

India, US to ink landmark defence pact on Tuesday, say officials

India, US to ink landmark defence pact on Tuesday, say officials

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defence Secretary Mark Es...

Three PDP leaders resign over Mehbooba Mufti’s flag remark

Three PDP leaders resign over Mehbooba Mufti’s flag remark

Say feeling 'uncomfortable' over some of her actions and utt...

Stubble-burning: SC keeps in abeyance its order appointing Justice Lokur panel

Stubble-burning: SC keeps in abeyance its order appointing Justice Lokur panel

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta tells a Bench led by CJI SA B...

21-year-old girl student shot dead outside Faridabad college

21-year-old girl student shot dead outside Faridabad college

One youth was known to the victim and a complaint of molesta...

Former union minister Dilip Ray gets 3-year jail term in coal scam case

Former union minister Dilip Ray gets 3-year jail term in coal scam case

2 senior officials of the Ministry of Coal at that time also...

Cities

View All