Tribune News Service
Patiala, June 19
Two persons died at Dodra village in Samana block of the district today morning after they reportedly inhaled poisonous gas in tank of a biogas plant.
Both the victims, who have been identified as Darshan Singh (55) and Gurdhyan Singh (30), were pulled out of the biogas plant tank with the help of fellow villagers. A JCB machine was used to pull out victims from the tank.
It has been learnt that Darshan Singh, along with Gurdhyan Singh, had gone to see the biogas plant in his animal yard after they found that it had stopped functioning. To fix the plant, Gurdhyan reportedly climbed down into the tank, but didn’t come out. Subsequently, his friend, Darshan Singh, also went down into the tank, but he too got trapped inside. Unfortunately, both died after inhaling poisonous gas in the tank. The incident took place around 7.15 am today.
The Samana Sadar Station House Officer (SHO), Ankurdeep Singh, said bodies of the victims were handed over to their family after the post mortem examination at the Samana Civil Hospital. “The post mortem report is yet to arrive,” the SHO added. “The moment we received information, our team rushed to the spot and helped take out bodies,” the SHO said.
Reigning world champion Sindhu beats 58th-ranked Polikarpova...
The recovered documents are being examined by the Mumbai Pol...
UP Chief Minister, however, has not sent mango boxes to non-...